University Area CDC Presents Uptown Music Festival
University Area CDC (Community Development Corporation) will present the second annual Uptown Music Festival on Saturday, May 14 from 4 to 10 p.m. at the University Area Park, 14013 North 22nd Street in Tampa, FL 33613.
The family-friendly Uptown Music Festival was created to bring the Uptown District together to highlight the rich culture of the area through music. This year’s exciting lineup includes:
• Kim Waters - one of the biggest selling saxophonists in history
• Nathan Mitchell – NAACP Image Award Nominee funk/fusion, pop, R&B, world music, and singer-songwriter
• José Valentino – Latin Grammy and Emmy award winning jazz, Latin jazz, and composer
• Jazmin Ghent – international smooth jazz and gospel recording artist
• Althea Rene - dynamic, soulful flutist
• Tim George – Musical Director and Bassist to international artist
In addition to an evening of top-rated music, the festival will provide an opportunity for local artists to display and sell their art. Another highlight will be the family friendly kid zone featuring University Area CDC’s Prodigy Moves, arts and crafts and live performances. Food vendors and food trucks will be on site to provide attendees with many cuisine options.
Limited reserved seating will be available, along with general admission lawn seating.
Audience members are encouraged to bring outdoor chairs, blankets and enjoy this art and jazz experience. More information and tickets available at www.uptownmusicfestival.com.
COVID19 protocols will be in place to ensure the safety of all attendees, artists, volunteers, sponsors, and vendors.
University Area CDC, celebrating 23 years of serving the community, offers support for thousands of Tampa residents through youth programs, adult education and resource assistance. Its primary mission is the redevelopment and sustainability of the at-risk areas surrounding University of South Florida’s Tampa campus. For more information about University Area CDC, visit www.UACDC.org or call 813.558.5212.